Happy (Early) Mother’s Day

Mother’s day is this weekend and I just couldn’t wait to share this beautiful gift a dad of five boys ordered for his wife. He wanted to do something really special for her, and wow, did he ever! Isn’t this canvas wall gallery simply divine? It’s 7 individual canvases displayed together for a clean, modern look. I know it’s a gift his wife will treasure for years to come. I’m so happy to have photographed their family, and helped pull together such a magnificent surprise. Enjoy K family, and happy mother’s day to all the fabulous mommies out there.

050710_blog_01

050710_blog_02

Filed in: INSPIRATION

comments +

1. gwen

May 7th, 2010 at 9:58 am

Carolyn, this is absolutely divine! The canvases turned out so lovely. What an incredibly thoughtful gift for this mom!

2. Rachel Clare

May 7th, 2010 at 10:35 am

Oh my gosh, I would DIE to get this! Such stunning photographs anyway, and those colors are so fresh and bright! She’s going to be so excited!! (I hope she doesnt’ look at your blog before Sunday!) 😉

3. Melissa

May 7th, 2010 at 11:32 am

This came out super fantastic Carolyn!! Dad has a winner on his hands!

4. Sari

May 7th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

What a gorgeous display!

5. KIM K

May 7th, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Carolyn, I LOVE this… I can’t believe how gorgeous it is. thank you thank you thank you… And happy Mothers Day to YOU!

6. Wiff

May 7th, 2010 at 10:40 pm

How beautiful is this!!!!!!! Wow! That’s all I can come up with.

7. Katie

May 8th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I LOVE this! How did you mount the canvases together?

8. Jane

May 8th, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Wow, how cool. I love this. Are they all connected? So cool. Would love to see it hung. Happy Mother’s Day to you!!

9. Lauri

May 9th, 2010 at 10:52 pm

wow!! absolutely beautiful!!!

10. Carolyn

May 12th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I appreciate everyone’s excitement about the canvases. Thanks for your comments. I had a few questions mixed in there about how they are arranged. They are individual canvases and are not connected. They are designed to be displayed pushed together for a modern, streamlined look. I created each canvas to have white edging so the entire piece comes together as a whole. I’m really happy with the results, and am glad others are too! Thanks!

11. Tracy Larsen

May 23rd, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I’m in love with this! Beautiful work Carolyn!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

When we first meet, I'll most likely give you a big hug. So, this is my virtual hug to you. Come on over to Instagram where you'll catch stuff going on behind-the-scenes, my fave coffee shops, latest portrait work, and lots of fun inspiration.

LET'S BE INSTA-FRIENDS