True Love

As a children’s photographer, I normally stick with just taking pictures of kids. But when this couple asked me to do their engagement photos, I just couldn’t say no. They are so lively, magnetic, sweet, kind, down-to-earth and simply put, amazing. So, it was an easy choice. And it was an honor to document the start of their new life together. We had such an incredible afternoon and I’m happy to share a little slice of our day. Thanks d & k for making my job so easy. You’re both beautiful in so many ways and your love for one another sparkles. Best wishes to you both as you get married early next year in Jamaica!

102509_blog_04

Things get a little hot in front of the firehouse. And the other spot on the brick wall they discovered. What a cool adventure we all had together.

102509_blog_05

It’s so sweet how the groom-to-be makes his lovely bride the star of the show.

102509_blog_06

I love the companionship I see in this next image. Your tenderness is so apparent, even while playing in the middle of the street!

102509_blog_07

Thanks again for a fantastic day. I truly loved doing something new and different and spending time with you both!

Filed in: COUPLES

comments +

1. Melissa Surprise

October 25th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Hot stuff Carolyn!!! Maybe you should go to Jamaica with them!

2. Rachel Olsen

October 25th, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Weddings in your future…it’s fun!

3. Katrina and Damaune

October 25th, 2009 at 10:32 pm

They look amazing Carolyn! You’re brilliant!…and we concur, you should come to Jamaica with us! Thank you so much for doing this. We can’t wait to see the rest.

4. gwen

October 25th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Awesome photos Carolyn! You really captured their love for each other beautifully.

5. Cindy Chen

October 31st, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I’m a huge fan of your children’s work and these engagement photos are specatular too! You captured their love in these images. Great work!

6. Karie McLain

November 14th, 2009 at 9:00 am

Beautiful stuff Carolyn! I love these!!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

When we first meet, I'll most likely give you a big hug. So, this is my virtual hug to you. Come on over to Instagram where you'll catch stuff going on behind-the-scenes, my fave coffee shops, latest portrait work, and lots of fun inspiration.

LET'S BE INSTA-FRIENDS